Last Updated: May 24, 2018
1. Personal Information HAPTX Collects and HOW HAPTX USES IT.
- Contact Information: HaptX will collect your Contact Information and use it for the purposes that you provide it to HaptX. For example, HaptX will collect and use your Contact Information in the following ways:
- If you contacted HaptX via email or via the “Contact Us” form on the Website, to respond to you.
- If you subscribed to receive periodic newsletters and marketing communications from HaptX, to send you recent news and updates about HaptX, HaptX events, HaptX blogs and/or media articles, and HaptX job openings (“Newsletters”).
- If you are a Customer, to create, administer, and service your Customer account with HaptX (“Customer Account”), to communicate with you about your Customer Account, to provide you Customer support, and to send you notifications, updates, and surveys about the HaptX Products and/or your use of the HaptX Products.
- If you apply for an employment opportunity with HaptX, to process your employment application for the position you applied for and/or for future opportunities. HaptX may also use your Contact Information to contact you about your application.
- Device Information: As a business, it’s important for HaptX to know how visitors interact with the Website so that HaptX can measure, analyze, and improve the Website’s performance, content, and navigation. HaptX uses Service Providers (as defined below) to help it conduct analytics on the Website, and these Service Providers collect Device Information to measure traffic and other statistics about how users interact with the Website, such as which links you click on and the amount of time you spend on the Website. Device Information is collected via cookies, scripts, and other tracking technologies. For more information on cookies, please see Section 4.
2. THIRD-PARTY ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- Service Providers: Like most companies, HaptX uses tools from service providers to help HaptX with various parts of its business (“Service Providers”), and depending on the service, these Service Providers may have access to your Personal Information. For example, HaptX uses a Service Provider’s email software to manage its Newsletter subscriptions, and if you have given HaptX your email address to subscribe to Newsletters, then your email address will be shared with that Service Provider. For a list of the Service Providers who help HaptX run its business and have access to your Personal Information, please click here. HaptX contractually requires all Service Providers to treat your Personal Information as confidential information and to only use or disclose your Personal Information as necessary to perform the services on HaptX’s behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
3. HOW LONG WILL HAPTX RETAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION?
HaptX may retain your Personal Information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose for collecting your Personal Information. HaptX may also retain your Personal Information during the period of time needed for HaptX to pursue its legitimate business interests, to comply with its legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce its agreements.
5. UNSUBSCRIBING FROM/OPTING OUT OF NEWSLETTERS.
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving Newsletters, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email. Please allow up to 24 hours before you stop receiving Newsletters. You may also continue to receive emails which are unrelated to marketing.
6. THIRD PARTIES AND THEIR PRIVACY POLICIES.
7. IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
The security of your Personal Information is important to HaptX. HaptX follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to HaptX, both during transmission and once it is received. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, HaptX cannot guarantee its absolute security. While no security system is completely secure, HaptX and Service Providers take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access or disclosure of the Personal Information collected by HaptX. For HaptX, this includes, but is not limited to, ensuring that all Personal Information is disclosed only on a “need to know” basis and ensuring that all Personal information collected by HaptX is done so via secured connections and is both encrypted in transit and at rest by industrial grade security software to guard against unauthorized access.
8. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY.
The Website and HaptX’s services are not directed to children under the age of 16 and HaptX does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If HaptX learns that it has received any type of Personal Information from a child under the age of 16, HaptX will delete such information. Please contact HaptX at email@example.com if you believe HaptX has collected information from a child.
9. HOW DO I ACCESS, MANAGE, AND UPDATE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If you wish to review, update, or delete the Personal Information HaptX has about you, you may do so by contacting HaptX at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. FOR THOSE IN THE EUROPEAN UNION.
- Transfer of Personal Information Outside of the EU.
HaptX is a US-based company and some of its Service Providers are located in countries outside of the European Union. Therefore, your Personal Information will be transferred to other countries that may not offer the same level of data protection as the laws of your country of residence. HaptX may rely on model contractual clauses or other protective mechanisms for such transfers outside of the European Union.
- Your Personal Data Rights.
If you would like to exercise your rights of access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, data portability, and/or your right to object to the processing of your Personal Information, you may contact HaptX at email@example.com.
- How to File Complaints.
If you believe your rights under the GDPR have been infringed upon, you may lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your country of residence. For contact information for your supervisory authority, please visit: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
12. CONTACT HAPTX.
110 Union Street, Suite 210
Seattle, WA 98101
Third party service providers
Third part service providers
Last Updated: May 24, 2018
In the spirit of transparency, HaptX has complied a list of third party data processors we who collect or process your Personal Information, as well what this information is used for.
|HaptX Service Providers|
|Name||Service Provider Type|
|MailChimp||Email subscriptions, newsletters|
|Microsoft (Office 365; SharePoint Online; Azure Active Directory)||Customer identity management and general information storage|
|FreshDesk||Customer Service Portal|
|Google Analytics||Web traffic analytics|
|Greenhouse.io||Recruiting and applicant tracking system|
|Insightly.com||Customer relationship manager|